Base Layer (crust)
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 4 or more hours/ overnight)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup wild or regular blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Soak the cashews overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Line an 8 x 8′ pan with parchment paper.
- Crust: In a food processor, blend all the nuts until there are no large pieces. Add in the raisins and continue mixing until crumbs form. Add water and continue blending until it becomes sticky.
- Turn off mixer, and scoop out the crust mixture into the the pan evenly.
- Filling: Rinse and strain the cashews and place them into the food processor (after rinsing it). Pulse until fine crumbs form. Add in melted coconut oil, liquid sweetener of choice and continue processing on high a very smooth mixture forms. Spoon about 2/3 of this mixture on top of the base and place in the freezer to set for 1-2 hours.
- Add the fruit to the remaining filling mixture and mix until completely smooth. While the cheesecake layer is setting in the freezer, keep the top layer cool in the fridge. (I put the whole food processor in).
- Once hardened, spoon the fruit filling on top evenly.
- Put the cake in the freezer for about 1-2 hours before serving or leave it in there for days (or months!) before you want to eat it. They defrost in about 15 minutes at room temperature so take them out a little bit before serving.
- Pair with yogurt and berries if you'd like. Enjoy!